Who else can Help?

Our Speech Therapists may recommend support from other Allied Health Providers.

Allied Health Providers are qualified professionals that deliver services to enhance and maintain function of their patients (clients) within a range of settings. There is an emphasis on healthy lifestyle and on independence; whether that is physically, psychologically, cognitively or socially. Allied health professions also have a large role in the management of people with disabilities from childhood to adult.

Please find below information about what other services look like and can do to support your family and therapy journey.

What do they do ? How do they help?
What is a Physiotherapist
A physiotherapist treats conditions or injuries that affect the way you move and do your daily activities.
Why your child might see a Physiotherapist

A physiotherapist can help your child with: difficulties with balance, posture, coordination and gross motor skills joint, muscle or nervous system difficulties that are causing weakness, pain or movement difficulties weight and physical activity advice recovery after surgery or illness to improve strength, movement, function and independence
  Occupational Therapist
What do they do ? How do they help?
What is an Occupational Therapist
Occupational therapists help people improve their ability to do the everyday things that they want or need to do.

Occupational therapists help people to: improve their ability to look after themselves – for example, eat, dress or complete personal hygiene tasks take part in activities at work, school and preschool or in the community take part in leisure activities move around more easily in physical environments – for example, with ramps.
Why your child might see an occupational therapist (OT)
Your child might see an occupational therapist (OT) if they have trouble doing everyday things because of physical, psychological or emotional difficulties, developmental delay or intellectual disability.

OTs consider many areas of your child’s development, including thinking, emotions, behaviour, sensory processing, social interactions, play, gross motor skills and fine motor skills.

OTs will focus on your child’s strengths and work in a family-centred way. This means they consider the unique needs of your family when working with your child.
What do they do ? How do they help?
What is a Psychologist
Psychologists are experts in the ways people think, feel, behave and learn. Psychologists can help people find better ways of coping or managing parts of their lives. Psychologists also help people improve performance, health and learning. Psychologists work on changing thoughts, behaviour and emotions using different therapies and approaches. They don’t prescribe medications to help people feel better.  
Why you or your child might see a psychologist
Counselling to help with life’s difficulties including grief, trauma or relationship issues
Educational and developmental assessment and support to help with learning difficulties, disorders like ADHD and difficult behaviour, or social skills  

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to chat with your
Speech Therapist, We’re Here to Help! Speech Therapist, We’re Here to Help!


https://www1.health.gov.au/ – Australian Government Department of Health


Looking to Make an Appointment?

We are here to help! Booking Online is the most convenient way to lock in the practitioner & time you want.