Frequently Asked Questions
If you cannot find what you’re after feel free to contact us via the form on this page or Contact Us. We are here to help!
Our waitlist is pretty long. Here are some tips to access our services faster:
- Check your emails for updates and appointment offers. We will be in touch often to gather information from you as well as provide you with information about the service.
- Our most requested appointment times are before and after school. We offer these first to our existing clients. If these are your only available times you may be waiting forever to access services.
- Delivering services in schools is a big thing. There are lots of logistics and communications required to support this style of service. This is something we may be able to work towards after commencing services. There are other services that specialise in this space that may be more suitable to your needs.
- Consider Telehealth as an option. Many of our clients are getting amazing outcomes from Telehealth. It allows so many flexible options and is great for building parent capacity.
- Provide paperwork in advance. If you have reports, NDIS goals or anything else that may assist your therapist we’re going to have a better idea of how we can help you.
- If therapy is important to you, prioritise it. We will do our best to look after you within the availabilities we have.
- If you have found another therapist please let us know and we’ll take you off our waitlist. You can join our waitlist here.
You will be guided by us during your intake process on what to bring to your first session. This will depend on your specific needs and funding type.
We are a pay on the day clinic. We have EFTPOS facilities available. We do not accept cash or direct deposit transfers.
If you are an NDIS Plan or Agency Managed client or paying through a third party then we will arrange payments with them.
In a rush? We provide you with an opportunity to securely store your card details on file, so you don’t need to hang around to pay after your appointment!
We do not have a bathroom in our clinic but there are bathroom facilities close by that can be used. We strongly recommend that you take your child to the bathroom before your appointment. We do not have baby changing facilities currently available. If you do need to change a child, we request that you take dirty nappies with you.
There is strictly no foods allowed in the therapy rooms with the exception of feeding or swallowing specific appointments. Please finish any food you are consuming before entering the clinic.
We are not a childcare service and we do not take responsibility for your child if you leave them unattended in our clinic. We strongly advise parents and carers to remain in our clinic or close by.
Eat Speak Learn staff do not escort clients to the bathroom so it is important that children be taken to the bathroom before a session commences. If this does not occur, there is an expectation that the child is toilet trained and families have agreed/provide consent to allow for children to take themselves to the bathroom alone or families remain in clinic while the appointment is being conducted.
Additionally, there is an expectation of parental attendance at therapy sessions as this increases outcomes by ensuring consistency in home practice.